ADVERTISEMENT

A thought/comparison regarding Scalley's situation

espantalho

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2006
Salt Lake City
I want to just create a bit of dialogue. Just thoughts on this comparison:

Kevin Hart, a black male, Hollywood comedian, and universally loved by so many. He tweeted a derogatory tweet maybe a couple years ago regarding gays. Wong in every sense! It led to him not being able to host the Grammy's (I think it was or some awards show) as a punishment. It appeared no proactive steps were taken on his part and only a tweet apologizing once it was brought up.

Scalley, a white man, public figure, coach and mentor, sent a private derogatory tweet referencing black people in a derogatory way. It was intended for someone else but went to the wrong hands. Wrong in every sens!. As I understand it, and I am not an insider, he took immediate, proactive steps to apologize and reconcile on his own accord.

So the last time I checked, Kevin Hart hasn't returned to the Grammy's. But he still has been able to make movies, appearances i.e., NBA all star game weekend etc..In other words, he was penalized, but still got to keep his job and received support. The last time I checked many of my friends, gay, straight, of color, saw this show, enjoyed it and paid money in essence to support Kevin Hart.

Considering all going on, keeping full context it was nearly a decade ago, only knowing what I have read, is that fair for him to lose his job also when he did all he could to rectify he terrible mistake? Has he not proven himself a developer of young men of different cultures who are getting college degrees? Where does this fit in comparison? Is an extended suspension during the season enough or do we take his job.

Interested in others thoughts? Is this even a relevant comparison? Sorry just had this thought when I returned from vacation from all the things I had read.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News