ADVERTISEMENT

A few notes on this week's satellite camps in Texas

D. Sorensen

All-American Poster
Jul 21, 2005
As you probably know if you've been following the board closely over the past few weeks, Utah football help satellite camps in Dallas and Houston this week. These camps give the Utah coaching staff an excellent opportunity to see new players up close and to get to know kids that they normally wouldn't see because of distance.

From the sources I've talked to, I've heard that of the two, the Houston camp was probably the most impactful in terms of the number of players attending, the quality of talent on hand, etc. There were a little more than a dozen kids that really stood out at the Houston camp, and several of them could be on the verge of receiving offers (only one offer - Lorenzo Neal - went out in the immediate aftermath of the camp).

Here's a breakdown of attendees to keep an eye on:

Lorenzo Neal - DT - St. Thomas HS (offered)
Jay Griffin - WR - Huntsville HS (offered)
Hunter Stinson - DE - Katy HS
Montray Norris - DB - Davis HS
Tre Hart - WR - Cy Woods HS
Jordan Johnson - ATH - Cy Woods HS
Kaleb White - WR - WR Dawson HS
Jacobie Fowler - WR - Dickinson HS
Mykul Mitchell - DB - Dawson HS
Fabian Johnson - RB - Dawson HS
Rakeem Paul - WR - Jersey Village HS

We'll probably see 2-3 more players from this group get offers, especially if any of them have especially strong senior seasons. Moving forward, I expect the Utes to go back to Houston for future satellite camps given the number of under-the-radar prospects they were able to identify, it was time well spent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News