ADVERTISEMENT

700 Chris Hill Interview, stadium expansion, you've been warned.

Skullduggery

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
Yeah, I'm the SOB who's going to start this up again. Yes, I'm a pro expansion hawk and yes, I know the hawks have lost and I should let it lie but listening to Hill yesterday brought up old frustrations.

Here's the link if you want to listen and here are the questions and answers.

About 9:20 mark, Swinney: "What's coming up next from the athletic department in terms of building?"

Hill: "... the stadium is something we need to look at and, you know, we'll maybe delve into that at a later time." (quickly changed subject to video wall, baseball stadium etc.)

About 12:02 mark, Swinney: "Chris, going back to a question I asked a few minutes ago about buildings and projects and things like that. One of the projects fans always want to know about is that south endzone and possible expansion or renovation in some way. It looks inevitable at some point. Do you guys have a time frame for, maybe, when you want to make some adjustments out in that south endzone?"

Hill: "Well, I think we need to, um, you know. I've talked to the university about that. We need to put our heads together and start to think strategically, uh, about that." (cold stop, awkward pause, next question)

So we have, "need to look at" and "maybe delve into" and "start to think." You see my frustration? I see only two possible explanations.

1) They really are at square one on the issue and nothing has been done. If that's the case then.... well, I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

2) He's just unwilling to share with us what's going on basically keeping us in the dark like he's always done. Again, you see my frustration?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News