ADVERTISEMENT

2nd game - Utah vs Southern Utah - Gators vs Kentucky Wildcats

Aug 21, 2022

Utah vs Florida Prediction​

Another one of the weekend’s best games features what could be a very interesting matchup between the Utah Utes and the Florida Gators. Following up a strong 10-4 season, and a Pac-12 championship, Utah opens the season ranked #7. The Utes are led by Quarterback Cameron Rising, who took over the starting job and led them all the way to last season’s Rose Bowl. Utah’s most notable loss is LB Devin Lloyd, who was selected #27 overall in the NFL Draft by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Florida finished last season at a mediocre 6-7 record, after losing the Gasparilla Bowl to UCF. The Gators are expected to be much more competitive this season under first-year head coach Bill Napier. They also introduced new offensive and defensive coordinators for the upcoming season, completely cleaning house over the offseason. This game’s line is generous to Florida, perhaps because of their home-field advantage. I’d be surprised if they can keep up with the experienced Utes, even with a brand-new coaching staff.

College Football Predictions:​

Utah 44, Florida 17 -
Don't see the margin of victory for Utah being that strong.

Utes coming cross country to play gators. A Septemebr game in The Swamp before a sell out crowd (90,000) will even the odds - some.
https://gatorswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/20/florida-football-utah-utes-season-opener-sellout/

Utes win a close one in regulation.
Utah -2.5

If Gators can take it to OT - who knows ? Heat & humidity could affect the outcome.

https://www.vegasodds.com/news/coll...ns-ncaaf-vegas-odds-picks-and-preview-week-1/

Last edited:
Thought Utes would win a close one.

With a last second, 4th qtr takeaway, my Gators win a very close game over your Utes. Would NOT want to replay the 4th Qtr !

Our next opponent is the Kentucky Wildcats; a run first team missing its top 3 RBs, but with a decent QB - Will Levis.

Its at home in the swamp & Gators a slight favorite - FWIW.

Utes take on SOUTHERN UTAH in the Hall of Fame game. You are 24-0 against them; make it 25-0.

This is isn't a conference game for you; but I hope you win the PAC-12 again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT