ADVERTISEMENT

What to expect with signing day tomorrow

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
Alright everyone, another signing day and not a lot unknown.

With 12 commits, what's still out there?

-Sidney Mbanasor took the drama out of all of his stuff tonight. By the way, he went from not rated to a 5.7.

-Keith Olson, OL and former USC commit, he should be a Ute, but there's been a bit of late worry and could sway to Oregon State. I still think he's a Ute.

-Zahquan Frazier is likely Mississippi State bound, Last I was told, he's been quiet towards the Utah program in recent days.

-There's a defensive mystery guy that's committed elsewhere, but USC has also made a late push for him. Before that, he was expected to flip to Utah. I'm hearing there's still confidence in that though.
-There's also additionally one other potential mystery guy.

-The Utes will welcome one returned missionary, safety Sione Vaki. They love the guy. They'll also likely sign West HS defensive tackle Dallas Vakalahi, but Oregon State is the other possibility. I've futurecasted Utah.

-Defensive end prospect Chase Kennedy has told me Ute is still in the picture, but that's all anyone knows on him.

-There's one receiver prospect that I anticipate coming, but Utah wants him on a visit first. Because of that, I don't want to mention the name for now. He initially wanted in for this recruiting class.

I'll be honest, I miss when it was just the February signing days, but there is a lot of benefits to two of them for Utah. Plenty of schools load up early and when coaching changes at some schools happen, those schools don't have room for talented kids that decommit to know coaching staffs.

I've mentioned this before, but I expect this year's NCAA Transfer Portal to be even better for the Utes than last year. Additionally, I've heard there are a fair amount of USC and Oregon guys that could be in play or are showing interest in Utah.

If I've missed anything, I'll add it in a bit, but I need to continue prepping for tomorrow and make some more phone calls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News