ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the state ruling requiring Utah universities to disclose NIL contracts.

G3finally

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2019
Is this motivated by BYU panel members to stonewall Utah with BYU playing catch-up as a private university looking to increase NIL without relative restrictions?

Overall landscape? What are the opinions on the Congressional side show? What's the overall direction this will go in other states?

If endorsements are coming from taxpayers, why should the public have the privilege to see NIL contracts?

Will this decision stand up in court. If so, what might be done to counter it?

Can players be put into financial categories? Like financial agreements that categorize where personal NIL benefits can be divided into a series of subsets or brackets? Like say, $15K to 30K, $30K to $60K to whatever amount up into the millions and list it inside annual terms categorically? From there, would players just submit contracts that have the more specific financial terms redacted? The universities can't reveal the exact amounts if the players don't right? Is that too risky? Players could flip the script unless I am missing something. In actuality, I am probably missing a lot. That's why I am asking so many questions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News