ADVERTISEMENT

September 10

jsta281

All-American Poster
Aug 10, 2010
I will concede that given the fact that my internal monologue has ultimately resulted in my creating this post, the rivalry is still very real for me. My thoughts on the continuation of the rivalry has changed over the last couple of years (I now promote the positon that we should no longer play them, especially as long as they are independent and slowly drowning in the deep end of the pool) However, whenever they are scheduled to play, I get anxious just thinking about it.

With Sept. 10 looming as the next real football challenge for Utah, Is it too soon to express my anxiety? Not that I expect a loss, or even that I expect BYU to me much improved, but How demoralizing will it be if Kalani comes in here in his first year and breaks the streak at home? It won't matter if BYU wins another game all year, their champion/savior "Sitake et al." will have the BYU fan machine going full force. It will be a very bitter pill to swallow around here.

Of course, the flip side is equally exhilarating thinking about sending Tayson out without a win against Utah and Cougarboard back to reality.

Being a fan is hard. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News