ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts and feelings about what last night meant

A Lawrence

Junior Poster
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2016
Saratoga Springs, UT
Last night was honestly a dream come true. I’ve been a Utah fan since the day I was born. When I was young, I sat on the slippery blacktop in the Mac’s Kids in half empty Rice Stadium. My first real Ute memory was when I was 8 when Utah finally beat Byu 34-31 in Provo. I remember crying when I was 9 when Utah lost at New Mexico in 1994. I remember Dyson catching the winning TD vs Arizona in the Freedom Bowl. When 2003 came around, Utah finally won their first outright conference championship in like 30 years. To me, that felt like the pinnacle of what Utah Football could do.

I remember watching USC in the Rose Bowl that year. That was when the dream of one day seeing Utah Football in the Rose Bowl started. I watched the Rose Bowl every year since. I honestly thought I’d never see Utah play in a Rose Bowl. To me it has always been for the biggest and baddest teams in college football. A level Utah could never achieve. The point I was making earlier is I watched a lot of bad to mediocre Utah football when I was young. It got better, then 2003 a step forward happened. Then 2004 was incredible. I remember being at the Fiesta Bowl thinking it will never get better than this. I remember being at a pep rally before the Fiesta Bowl and the Rose Bowl was on. I watched Texas vs Michigan and wished I’d see Utah there, but figured what I was seeing would never happen again.

What has happened since has been a borderline miracle. Coach Whittingham has done something that is near impossible. He brought a historically mid-tier program to unspeakable heights. He should go down as one of the greatest college football coaches of all-time. What happened last night is a literal dream come true. A dream that I’ve wanted for Utah Football for as long as I can remember. Utah is now one of the biggest and baddest programs in college football. I cannot be more proud to be a Ute right now. Rose Bowl here we come!! 🌹🙌

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News