ADVERTISEMENT

More stats, thoughts, opinion from an old arm chair QB...

95 Ute

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2007
  1. Before Brewer was pulled, Utah was 3-15 in combined 3rd/4th Down conversions. That, combined with games 1 & 2, dropped Utah to the worst conversion team in the country. Rising was 4/7 for 57%. Charlie Brewer is proving to be a terrible quarterback. That's sad but the stats bear that out.
  2. Cam Rising looked sensational. That is a terribly sad commentary about the team IMO. The team had NO JUICE under Brewer. That is pathetic because juice, attitude and moxy is personally driven - it is born from heart and this football team had NO HEART under Brewer. The team looked alive under Rising. They seemingly did not care under Brewer. OR, Brewer was simply a marginal QB in a bad conference that played no defense (B12) and he simply got exposed in a big way in a Utah jersey. I think the team didn't respond to Brewer - and that is on the team. Nevertheless, it is Rising's show now and forever. Even if he plays poorly, you have to ride this horse. I think that is a mute point because I expect him to play well going forward.
  3. I have seen all I can see from a Jim Harding lead offensive line. This is not a new thing.... They have looked abysmal in many past years to start the season. They seem to rebound and do well in the heart of the season but they are AWFUL in the first quarter of the year. This has to be Harding's last year. It simply has to be IMO.
  4. I don't like to call out players - poor form for an old dude like me but.... Did anyone happen to watch the play where our center snapped the ball (shotgun formation) into his own rear end (that resulted in a fumble recovered by Brewer I believe) AND THEN he proceeded to let the right tackle walk right by him? His head clearly does not seem to be in it. It is like watching the keystone cops at times. The offensive line play has been A.B.Y.S.M.A.L! The Three Stooges are laughing at this O-line.
  5. For those who say Fire WHITT! FIRE LUDWIG... Whitt has immense pride or else he wouldn't be here and he isn't giving up on the team, season or University. He has a LIFETIME contract in my mind. He has way too much success, guided this program through its VERY BEST days, and transitioned them into a power for anyone to lament him. Ludwig has put guys in the league. He guided us through undefeated seasons and through our greatest wins. Fans are fanatical and fanaticism is crazy. I am glad we have them both. Utah has a Jim Harding problem. That should get corrected. Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News