ADVERTISEMENT

Long time Head Athletic trainer passes away at 76.

kllws55

Sophomore Poster
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2009
Bill Bean served the athletic training needs of Utah’s student-athletes from 1976-2008. He passed away recently at the age of 76.(

I worked under Bill (known as Beaner to his friends) in 1979 and 1980 as an Utah student athletic trainer. I changed my major (one of the most difficult decision I ever had to make) when I got married to spend more time with my family but I never forgot I was two years I worked in the sports medicine department with Bill. He was a consummate professional both in the training room and on the field as both a practitioner and a teacher of athletic training.

As we learned this past football season with the Buffalo Bills, athletic trainers have the lives of their athletes in their hands. They are responsible for their lives every day. They are highly trained professionals who are dedicated to providing the best healthcare possible for student-athletes.

Athletic trainers are under appreciate but as Bill displayed, they focus on their job and being the best trainer possible,

……From the Utah Utes athletics website….The University of Utah Athletics Department mourns the passing of former Director of Sports Medicine Bill Bean, who passed away on June 20. Bean served for more than 30 years with the Utes' athletic training staff, and is a member of both the Utah Athletic Trainers Association Hall of Fame and the Rocky Mountain Athletic Training Association Hall of Fame.

"Bill Bean was a beloved member of the Utah Athletics family, whose care and expertise touched the lives of so many student-athletes, coaches and staff," said Mark Harlan, Director of Athletics. "Our hearts go out to his family and we join them in grieving the loss of such a special person who gave so much to Utah Athletics, and everybody who was fortunate to know him."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News