ADVERTISEMENT

INSTANT REACTION: Wow! What a second half

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
Man, what a comeback. It was like watching two completely different teams each half. At the same time, Rising and the receivers just barely missed a few big plays early that could have eventually made this a blowout.

The Utah running attack nearly doubled what ASU has averaged giving up on the ground in 2021, with 208 yards on 36 carries and three touchdowns. All of the guys who got carries ran determined tonight.

Rising wasn’t perfect with his two picks, but the guy is magic. He’s just what this team had needed and the offense is suddenly extremely dangerous.

I still want to see Kuithe utilized more, but he made the most out of his three receptions with two touchdowns.

I want to go back and watch it again, but the offensive line definitely stepped up tonight. I really do think the versatility of Rising and his command of the offense has made a difference for the linemen.

That defense… in the second half, anyways… The first half they really looked like they didn’t want to tackle the Sun Devils. The second half, they were just suffocating.

The fact that the defense held ASU to 148 yards rushing and 4.2 yards per carry, is really impressive with that being the solid part of their offense in 2021. They also held ASU to 4-12 on third downs.

I think Jayden Daniels still hates playing at RES. ;-)

Let’s hear everyone else’s initial thoughts…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News