ADVERTISEMENT

What. A... WOW... What a Game! Some Postgame Thoughts

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
Wow. Wow. Wow. I want to go back and watch the tape, but this team has some swagger.

-The running game has to have everyone excited. Even when it seemed like Moss or Shyne only got one yard, they ended up getting three. I can't say enough about the new trio.

-Troy Williams continues to grow. Before the game, I wanted to see him fight on to play another down, as opposed to forcing things. That's exactly what he did. I absolutely loved that he was taking the deep shots because it softened the intermediate routes, allowing Utah to extend the fourth quarter drives.

-Pretty soon teams are going to pay extra extra attention to Tim Patrick and Butler-Byrd or Singleton will blow up. The receiver options are dynamic and CBB's presence just opens up the field that much more.

-Garett Bolles and that block... Good. Lord! Someone GIF that, please.

-While the numbers might not fully prove it, I was impressed withe defensive effort (fingers crossed for Lotulelei). Darnold is a talent and his athleticism and arm will do wonders for USC and their athletes. However, now they could just end up helping play spoiler the rest of the year.

-Wishnowsky continues to impress, I mean, what a great weapon.

I'll have more thoughts after I watch the tape, but what a night, folks! What a night!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News