ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the PAC-12 Utah..... The Conference of Champions...

TOMMY TROJAN

All-American Poster
Jul 6, 2001
Welcome to the Conference of Champions...
Can't wait to see the old WAC Rivalry Games renewed with Utah-Arizona, Utah-ASU again.

Just a few questions?

1. How mad is BYU going to be about your new move?

2. Will you continue to play the rivalry game with BYU at the end of the season?

3. Will Utah expand your stadium size to accomdate more PAC visitors?

4. Do you think this conference needs to expand to 14 or possibly 16 teams and bring in BYU, possibly even TCU and maybe even Air Force and SMU?
This post was edited on 6/16 1:43 AM by TOMMY TROJAN

Thats one less MWC team to worry about getting your Pac 10 asses kicked by.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Good point, Gator. If Utah kicks a Pac 12 team's butt, it's all in the family.
roll.gif

Greetings Tommy et al,

Thanks for the congrats, I hope they come to fruition. I think all Ute fans are looking forward to AZ, ASU, and all other PAC games. It will be challenging and a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to the road trips.

1) BYU is not happy and it's understandable. You can visit their site if you're so inclined: www.cougarboard.com

2) No idea, but I'm certain we will keep playing just don't know when

3) I hope so. Utah has a stronger following than anytime in its history. More seats would be great.

4) Not sure about PAC expansion, we are not even a member yet. That said there are some deserving teams that would welcome an invite from ANY AQ league.

Thanks for stopping by and here's to Utah getting into the PAC!!!

Congratulations to the Ute's and welcome aboard. The new Pac 12 is going to be a terrific set up, and looking to some more games with the Ute's in the years ahead. Will be interesting to see how they configure the divisions, but you can be assured one thing, this is a league where members have a real sense of common shared interests.

The Ute's have more than earned this bid, and hoping the official announcement hits, and you guys can make your arrangements to jump in.

Keep your BYU series as a Non Conference, we have one with Notre Dame that is our most influencial game.

I guess with the Pac 16 deal dying we came full circle on this. This though will make our league stronger. We know Ute Football has been really strong in recent years, and poised for more success.

Originally posted by TOMMY TROJAN:
Can't wait to see the old WAC Rivalry Games renewed with Utah-Arizona, Utah-ASU again.

Just a few questions?

2. Will you continue to play the rivalry game with BYU at the end of the season?

4. Do you think this conference needs to expand to 14 or possibly 16 teams and bring in BYU, possibly even TCU and maybe even Air Force and SMU?

This post was edited on 6/15 10:31 PM by TOMMY TROJAN

Thanks for message. I'll give your questions a shot:

1. The Zoobs are pissed. They've always had this delusion of grandeur about their place in the universe and it is shattering with each passing day. It's like they're an middle-aged former beauty queen. They like to gaze at themselves in the mirror all day, but don't realize that the rest of the world quit looking at them a long time ago.

2. I'm not sure how that will play out. The Holy War is a big game in Utah, but honestly the rivalry has gotten pretty nasty in the last decade. It might not be the worst idea to let things cool off for a few years.

3. I'm hearing rumors that expansion by 20K will be happening sooner rather than later. The Utes are filling the current 45K stadium to capacity almost every game, so it is time.

4. I'm not a big fan of the superconference. I would prefer the PAC stay at 12. However, if the B10, B12 and SEC start making moves in that direction, I think we will need to react or get left behind. The problem is that geographically, the PAC's choices are fairly limited, especially if we want to pick schools that have similar academics and culture (i.e. larger state schools with research arms). I like TCU from an athletic standpoint, but it is a pretty small religious-based school. Same with SMU. I like AF. Maybe New Mexico, Nevada or UNLV as well? That's a tough call.

Some one on our other site speculated that part of our entry was a stadium expansion. Stay tuned.

On TDS (Team Down South, aka BYU) I agree although they are a painful myopic rival.

Of course TDS (the Team Down South - BYU) is myopic. How else would their coeds get a date?

Originally posted by TOMMY TROJAN:

Just a few questions?

This post was edited on 6/16 1:43 AM by TOMMY TROJAN

1. BYU fans are going to be in denial for the next few years. After that they are going to be extremely jealous.

2. The game may not happen for the first few years because of scheduling difficulties, but I assure you it will remain a rivalry. It is just worth too much money to abandon it. With the schools so close together you could sell out a 100k + stadium every year if there was one in the valley. Utah charges more for single game tickets to that game than any other, even more than PAC or BIG12 teams.

3. I definitely think that stadium expansion is in the works. The average crowd for the last two years has been a little above the official stadium 'capacity'.

4. I am so glad that it only expanded to 12. I thought going in that was the best case scenario for Utah and the PAC. Like was mentioned earlier there aren't hardly any universities close by that fit the athletic and academic standards of the PAC. I know Texas would have brought a lot of money, but I don't think the teams that were coming with them (TT, OSU) really fit the PAC mold. Plus, I want to road trip all of the PAC cities (except maybe OSU and WSU), but I would have hated all of the BIG12 ones (except Austin, but I have already been there).

As for super conferences, I understand that the push may be in that direction. However, the reason many UTE fans want to be in the PAC is the association with the westcoast schools. If another round of expansion happened and we were thrown in with Texas or Oklahoma, it kind of negates that association. While it would be monetarily rewarding and the competition would be of the highest level, no question, the association would diminish and that's a negative in my eyes as well as the eyes of many UTES.

Originally posted by Gator 82:
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

And you would know nothing of that because the SEC, is to afraid of playing MW teams. you beat up on the Roast Beef States of the world. so leave the tough games to the PAC 10 Troll.

UteFan1316

"4. I am so glad that it only expanded to 12. I thought going in that was the best case scenario for Utah and the PAC. Like was mentioned earlier there aren't hardly any universities close by that fit the athletic and academic standards of the PAC. I know Texas would have brought a lot of money, but I don't think the teams that were coming with them (TT, OSU) really fit the PAC mold. Plus, I want to road trip all of the PAC cities (except maybe OSU and WSU), but I would have hated all of the BIG12 ones (except Austin, but I have already been there)."

Ok, I'll grant you that Pullman is a very small town, that you could go your whole life without seeing, but Martin Stadium is a fun place to see a game. And with the way the Cougs are playing these days you would be roadtripping for a win. Damn, that is painful to say......

Oh well, GO COUGS! (WSU)

Welcome UTAH!

I know some folks think your squad won't be much in the Pac 12, but I believe that you are a sleeper school and once you get the ball rolling, you will be a force in this conference for years to come.

Thanks D-six. It's going to be awesome to be able to see quality opponents for Utah week in and week out. Looking forward to the chance to get revenge for our last loss against your Ducks! Autzen Stadium is impressive by the way.

Originally posted by mrwhatever213:
Originally posted by Gator 82:
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

And you would know nothing of that because the SEC, is to afraid of playing MW teams. you beat up on the Roast Beef States of the world. so leave the tough games to the PAC 10 Troll.
Well, what you have said is pretty much true about the SEC. (Which is why the MWC and WAC fans get along with the PAC 10) You guys are willing to play teams form those conferences. 8 out of 10 times an SEC teams plays a school from the WAC or MWC during the regular season, are the bottom teams. Funny how that works.

Anyhow, you responeded to Gator82, if you look at his profile, he's actually an UNLV REBEL.
laugh.gif

Not an Ole Piss Reb or Gator fan(IDK where that came from). I have him post on the UNLV site in the past.

What he was saying, was since UTAh will no longer be a MWC team, that's 1 less MWC team the Pac 10 has to worry about (due to our conf recent success against Pac 10 squads). Haha, misunderstood.

Go Frogs!!!

I think an expansion to 16 is still possible in the future especially if another conference heads that way. I would guess that our expansion to 16 would linclude UT, A&M, OU and OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT