ADVERTISEMENT

Utez, you have no chance in the PAC 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 National Champions

All-American Poster
Jul 8, 2007
UCLA always wins the conference, in the OFF SEASON. Then the season starts!
roll.gif

What do you think your chances are these days? Down 10 schollies a year for three years? Dude, harsh. I'm not smackin' I'm really interested to know how you view this development.

Originally posted by Chad Sexington:
What do you think your chances are these days? Down 10 schollies a year for three years? Dude, harsh. I'm not smackin' I'm really interested to know how you view this development.
10 schollies a year is very hard to manage. Won't have much effect for the next two years, as we are stocked with talent now. Hopefully the appeals process is successful, or it could be a hard road to recover. We have a great coaching staff, their margin for error will be zero. I'm hopeful the appeals process will reduce the sanctions, where the punishment fits the crime.

Originally posted by Chad Sexington:
I do believe, that our sanctions will really give you guys a legit chance to win the conference instantly. timing couldn't be any better for you guys to make the move. Hope it works out for you guys.

That is true, but I am a purist and would rather compete with teams at full strength. Sucks that those sanctions had to come down, but what really sucks is that the admin etc. was letting stuff like that happen. Hopefully Lane Kiffin is all that everyone thinks he is for whatever reason and he can keep USC a top performing program.

Originally posted by UtahStu:
That is true, but I am a purist and would rather compete with teams at full strength. Sucks that those sanctions had to come down, but what really sucks is that the admin etc. was letting stuff like that happen. Hopefully Lane Kiffin is all that everyone thinks he is for whatever reason and he can keep USC a top performing program.
not true, the Admin was not letting anything happen, but if you haven't read the report, all you can do is go by ESPN.

I think most USC fans would say USC has some fault here. What we are peeved at is the NCAA coming down harshly on the school to send a message to other CFB teams is wrong.

The punishment must fit the crime. 2 year bowl ban and 30 schollies is excessively harsh...

whose at fault then?
1) Loyd Lake, a career criminal. The NCAA alleges him to be the only credible witness.

2)Lamar Griffin, A greedy step father, who couldn't wait one more year to cash in on his steps son future.

with asu, wsu and ucla being pretty bad, uw coming back from the abyss, cal losing a lot of players from last year, stanford losing gerhart, usc on probation and oregon losing masoli, this year is arizona's year to finally go to the rose bowl before utah and colorado crash the party and the new division system kicks in.

Ha ha ha! I couldn't have wriiten it any better. Oh wait, I did. Please see Trojan Tip #3. "This is FINALLY our year. I know we said that last year, and the year before, but this time really is the one . . ." So classic. Don't stop believing . . .

Originally posted by uofapunk:
with asu, wsu and ucla being pretty bad, uw coming back from the abyss, cal losing a lot of players from last year, stanford losing gerhart, usc on probation and oregon losing masoli, this year is arizona's year to finally go to the rose bowl before utah and colorado crash the party and the new division system kicks in.

Not so fast my friend!! Oregon and Oregon State will have something to say about the Pac 10 title.

Duckboy,

I've heard that there are a bunch of fans posting as Utah fans running their mouths on Duck boards about beating the crap out of PAC10 teams going forward. Please let your fans know that these are most likely BYU fans imitating Utah fans. We have already had this happen on several boards and we know from the actual users of those monikers that they have not been posting.

Thanks

My thoughts on USC's sanctions can be found here
Bigger They Are, Harder They Fall

Utah is coming into the conference at the perfect time. There are three really good QB's in Locker, Luck, and Foles, but they all have average or below average defenses. Barkley could end up being the best of the bunch some day, but even USC has huge question marks this year. Oregon is bound to take a step back losing Masoli and a bunch of WR's, and Oregon St also lost the great QB in Sean Canfield. It's wide open next year except for UCLA, WSU, and ASU - they stand no chance.

You forgot to mention Oregon State who will be the one to win it this year and go to the rose bowl, 2nd place last two years.

CR -82 I thinkg UCLA will be good this year and for sure next year. They have had a top 15 recruiting class for the last three years at least. Sooner or later that talent has to catch up even with thier coaching.

Originally posted by spincity58:
CR -82 I thinkg UCLA will be good this year and for sure next year. They have had a top 15 recruiting class for the last three years at least. Sooner or later that talent has to catch up even with thier coaching.

UCLA has some incoming talent, but they're weak in the trenches, have no proven QB, RB, or WR's and their top player from each defensive unit in 2009 is now playing in the NFL. They're bringing some great players in, but they need to start winning soon.

Originally posted by 11 National Champions:
whose at fault then?
1) Loyd Lake, a career criminal. The NCAA alleges him to be the only credible witness.

2)Lamar Griffin, A greedy step father, who couldn't wait one more year to cash in on his steps son future.

Dear UTAH fans,

11 national titles poster, is a GOOD example of what you have to look forward to when your UTES travel to LA to play the boys from troy.

What he FAILED to tell you is that contrary to popular belief or admission by the Trojan higher-archy (Garret, Carroll etc...) they KNEW about Bush, and they just turned a blind eye to it.

Just like "I didn't know this was a school zone officer" defense doesn't work when you get a ticket, neither does.."we were unaware of any relationship between Reggie (bush) and Loyd Lake," - Pete Carroll.

THE NCAA cracked on USC hard, because USC LIED about knowing about the agent. PHONE RECORDS that were turned in and confirmmed as authentic by the NCAA officials, showed clearly that Todd McNair (running backs coach at usc during those seasons) had several conversations with Lake. SEVERAL !!!
THE investigation (that took more than three years) showed a program that was not interested in following the NCAA guidelines, so long as it would not interfere with their winning football games.

They even proceeded to THROW THE BASKETBALL TEAM UNDER THE BUS, to try and save their football team.

THE NCAA came down on USC, because USC refused to cooperate in an honest fashion during the investigation, and were not genuine when asked about their knowledge of Bush's dealings with Lake, or the other issues related to the Basketball team and OJ MAYO as well as the women's tennis team.

its a PATTERN, and if you don't think that the pending sanctions did not help Carroll choose to leave so abruptly for the NFL, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

USC CHEATED HUGE !!! Simple as that. The punishment does fit the crime, and will deter other schools from trying to do the same thing as they did.

If you don't believe that, then why did they go out of their way to hire a straight arrow, hands on President in Nikias, who was very enthusiastic to comply with the NCAA, by bringing in former QB standout, (and rhodes scholar winner) Pat Haden and his buddy JK McKay from the days of John McKay to repair the damage done by the "animal house" program that Pete Carroll created.???

Trust me, those hires speak MUCH louder than the words of Garrett and Carroll, as to what USC alumn believe happened.

good luck to the UTES, but what you have read from the USC fans that have chosen to come here is PAR FOR THE COURSE.

THEY are in denial, (remember LAME KITTEN was not hired by Haden and Nikkias), about their situation. As I would expect them to be.

When they are down to 50-55 scholarship football players in 2013, the pain will be HEAVILY HEAPED on them by the sisters of the poor programs that they humiliated during the St. Pete Carroll era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT