ADVERTISEMENT

Utah Depth Chart

Crstud82

All-American Poster
Feb 12, 2003
I'm trying to find out how many returning starters, and the key players on Utah's team for an article I'm writing up. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sure the utezone mods or some of insiders can give you this; please give us the link to the article once done; I'd love to read it. Thanks for the pub!

Throw away your Poinsettia Bowl program did ya, Crstud82? Well, I can understand that.

If you download the bowl guide, the 12-7-09 depth chart will give you a good idea who is back. There are a handful of newcomers who might factor in for 2010, with JC transfer John Cullen at OT being the most likely to contribute right away.

Here are some other notes you won't get from that 2-deep:

Nai Fotu (listed as back up LE) will miss most of the year with an ACL, but we hope to get Derrick Shelby, who started 10 games at LE in 2009, and was a key cog on the 2008 D line, back in time to contribute.

On offense, Matt Asiata at RB (torn ACL vs. Louisville) will be back. Matt was the leading rusher from the 2008 team.

2009 Bowl Central

Originally posted by plateauhiker:
I'm sure the utezone mods or some of insiders can give you this; please give us the link to the article once done; I'd love to read it. Thanks for the pub!

Here's a link to my blog, I'll be posting conference rankings and an imaginary playoff soon. Utah will start the season in the conference ranked #4

Originally posted by socal521rivals:
Throw away your Poinsettia Bowl program did ya, Crstud82? Well, I can understand that.

If you download the bowl guide, the 12-7-09 depth chart will give you a good idea who is back. There are a handful of newcomers who might factor in for 2010, with JC transfer John Cullen at OT being the most likely to contribute right away.

Here are some other notes you won't get from that 2-deep:

Nai Fotu (listed as back up LE) will miss most of the year with an ACL, but we hope to get Derrick Shelby, who started 10 games at LE in 2009, and was a key cog on the 2008 D line, back in time to contribute.

On offense, Matt Asiata at RB (torn ACL vs. Louisville) will be back. Matt was the leading rusher from the 2008 team.

Thanks for the link socal, my program from the Poinsettia Bowl was used to try to strangle myself after the game, unsuccessfully.

Originally posted by Crstud82:

Here's a link to my blog, I'll be posting conference rankings and an imaginary playoff soon. Utah will start the season in the conference ranked #4

Your attempt to post the link didn't work. I'm sure we'd love to read your blog if you can fix the link.

Here's a little tidbit your readers might find interesting regarding your NG, last name of Payne: his younger brother, Damian, is a true Frosh at Utah (2010 signing class) who participated in spring ball and is in the mix for one of the safety spots.

I'm trying to find out how many returning starters, and the key players on Utah's team for an article I'm writing up. Any help would be appreciated.

Utah will have 7 starters on offense returning and 4 on defence.

Key players will be: Jordan Wynn QB, Matt Asiata RB, Eddie Wide RB, Jeremy Brooks WR, John Cullen OL, Brandon Burton CB. Possibles include: James Aiono DT, Dave Kruger DT, Derrick Shelby DE

Thanks for the help guys, my initial rankings will have Utah at #4 in the conference ahead of Cal #5
chairshot.gif

Here's the link again, I don't know why it didn't work before?

http://leaderofthepac.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by socal521rivals:

Your attempt to post the link didn't work. I'm sure we'd love to read your blog if you can fix the link.

Here's a little tidbit your readers might find interesting regarding your NG, last name of Payne: his younger brother, Damian, is a true Frosh at Utah (2010 signing class) who participated in spring ball and is in the mix for one of the safety spots.

We know all about Damian Payne on the Cal boards and I believe a lot of our fans wanted us to recruit him harder. Maybe the coaching staff felt that since his brother was on board that he was automatically ours, but you've got to bust out the red carpet for kids these days. Our secondary is a complete unknown outside of the FS position so he could have possibly been in the rotation for us this year. Best of luck to him (except against the Bears)

Just wanted to keep you Utah fans updated, my initial playoff bracket had Utah beating Cal 27-24, but the words wouldn't come to computer when I tried typing about a Bears loss. Let me know what you think so far, I'm open to constructive criticism and feedback.

My next few articles will be featuring

1. Conference predictions (wins losses) and season expectations
2. Top 6 RB's in the conference
3. Top 6 WR's in the conference
4. Top 6 QB's in the conference

About the time that you KNOW that Utah would win against Cal (especially at home) and you DON'T write it that way and choose to post a 'homerific' Cal win you become just another pain in the butt with a computer.

We are used to idiots posting about "their" beloved school in this state, (that God is on their side, so "majik" happens, etc.)

We certainly don't need more of that from a hippie supporter like yourself. Wait for Cal. to actually GET an offensive line (instead of having a line that is offensive) and then come here and post a mythical Cal victory. But not before.

Sheesh Polydad- you don't need to go off alienating the other fan bases just yet. I appreciate his input and can understand the call for Cal. I might not agree with it but I can understand it.

So you're good with ....

"my initial playoff bracket had Utah beating Cal 27-24, but the words wouldn't come to computer when I tried typing about a Bears loss"

No thanks, I'll pass on that. It would be different if Cal didn't have problems on the O-line, at QB, at LB, at DB ..... even KICKER! sheesh; we are talking about a team that has been projected at EIGHTH in the Pac TEN. Nope, I done need him.

Originally posted by Ute Dawg:
Sheesh Polydad- you don't need to go off alienating the other fan bases just yet. I appreciate his input and can understand the call for Cal. I might not agree with it but I can understand it.

Don't worry Ute Dawg, I can dish it out AND take it. Fair criticism from polydad, however, every team in the Pac-10 has questions at most of the positions you mentioned. Even the favorites aren't solid at QB (Oregon, OSU, and Barkley at USC being average last year with all that talent around him).

I think my rankings were fair, but the whole thing with the playoff bracket was like you said, mythical. Therefore, I don't understand how a mythical loss would get you any more riled up than a mythical win. Utah will have its day soon enough on the field.

My next article will definitely put my sexuality in question as it will be paralleling Team Edward and Team Jacob to USC and Cal in the mythical championship game so maybe Utah is better off for not making it anyway.
flush.gif

Let's see Bay Area guy, questioning his own sexuality, about teen vampire movies .........

Now you're just crackin' me up ;-)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT