ADVERTISEMENT

Tidbit about summer conditioning

MSaltas

All-American Poster
Aug 31, 2016
I talked with one of my sources recently, and they gave me some great info about some of the new guys in the program, as well as established players.

First, they said that Jaylon Johnson is legit (as you already knew). They went on to say that he's undoubtedly a 3-and-done player, and is probably the top corner in the program right now. No one can match his combination of size and athleticism, and he's a workhorse and a gym rat. They also said that Julian Blackmon, Casey Hughes, and Tyrone Smith are all shining. Javelin Guidry, while insanely fast, needs to learn the system a bit more before making an impact on defense. Hobbs looks like he's got the nickel position under wraps, but I wouldn't count out Guidry for the returner role.

I also heard that Marquise Blair is a stud, and we'll probably see him a lot this year as a strong safety/linebacker hybrid. Corrion Ballard essentially has the free safety spot locked up, but my source said he is still learning to be as instinctual as Marcus Williams--but can anyone be as good as Marcus?

Moss is healthy, but is still a little underweight from his arm surgery. He only needs about 5 more pounds put on and he should be back to where he was. Shyne is fully recovered from his knee injury. TJ Green came to campus a little undersized (he's about 185), so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him redshirt this season, unless the staff wants to put in in the WR rotation or if depth gets depleted.

Receivers are all doing great, but it shouldn't come as a surprise that Raelon Singleton and Demari Simpkins are two of the standouts, right now. Singleton really worked hard during the offseason to address his dropped balls, and Simpkins is just a stud in the slot.

I'll have more for you guys when fall camp starts back up at the end of the month.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News