ADVERTISEMENT

There is things to fix but we got the W!!

kscott_2

Sophomore Poster
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2016
First off, way to get the W! Wasn't the best but it will for sure get better. Offensively we have to finish drives a lot better. I'm glad we had this opponent to get the jitters out the way because it is much needed and better to win than lose with mistakes. Overall we were a better team then them at every position so dominating them shouldn't be a surprise at all. This should be a stat game especially with our starters playing basically the whole game against this competition. Onto the things I did like though!

- Troy Williams was a stud!! The way he handled himself in that pocket and distributing the ball was just as good advertised. The way he scanned the field stayed in the pocket dishing dimes out was incredible, I see why coaches raved about him. I'm still shocked on how good he was, he Keeps that up we are winning the south, mark my words!!
- Troy McCormick I enjoyed watching! I love the kid and he played with heart and passion out there with tons of energy. I love how we are using him all over the place that is great to see cause he is that gifted.
- Tim Patrick did his part and took advantage of the DB's that he had faced knowing he had a great advantage over them being that they really aren't quite that good. To me the best part was the way he had come back from injury and literally didn't look like he had been injured. Loved seeing that! Knew he was going to have a big game. See Tim have a big season this year! I'm assuming 700-800 receiving.
- I would've liked to see more tight end play but that's fine it'll come in the passing game, they did their job just fine when the opportunity came.
- my big concerns coming into the game was the pass game and surely my questions were answered. I just wanted to see if we were going to actually throw the ball more down the field than years prior because I've always been told that we wanted to go deep but we never did, glad it finally panned out and the receivers were able to get to be apart of it.
- this offense is very different than last year, it's more of that spread we had seen with Erickson in 2013! So I'm excited to watch it flourish.
- to be honest I would not get too tied up in the offensive line and the run game cause we are still Utah and that's what we're known for, so it'll come!!!! Don't worry!!
- all in all we got things to fix but the questions we had coming in were answered with the throw game so hopefully we keep that up and I believe we will! Excited to see what's in store next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News