ADVERTISEMENT

There’s still hope...

dhsfootball58

All-American Poster
Nov 1, 2005
Look, I’ve been a broken record on this. I’m the guy who calls for a new OC every year. Maybe I’m the sort of malcontent that always does this type of thing, but I’ve been fairly consistent: Utah needs a consistent and nonspectacular offense to win the PAC-12. For some reason, Whitt has been insistent on gadget heavy spreads either manned by neophytes or has beens.

Brian Johnson played his last game 10 years ago. Since then we haven’t had a single quarterback look better in his last start than his first start. Huntley has regressed to the point that he can’t do the simplest things asked of him.

We were told that this is the most talented team Utah has had. As much as I’d like to be snide, I think this is fair. The defense was frankly amazing tonight. We should have been blown out.

Moss needs 20/25 carries a game and he’s not getting them. We came out tonight and gave him one carry during the first two series. We based our one scoring drive around him and then went away. That’s inexcusable. I know he’s hurting, but you’re either healthy enough to play, or your not.

We can still win the south. We need to bench Huntley. We need to get the ball to Moss. We need to stop with misdirection that doesn’t work and for the love of God we need to stop rotating our receivers on every play.

Norm Chow showed us the way in 2011. A Qb that has no business in division 1, let alone P5 can win games if you control the clock, score in the red zone and minimize turnovers. This isn’t hard.

I’d fire or demote Taylor this week and hand things over to Harding. He might not have produced the most prolific offense, but we did win 19 games during his 2 years. Salvage the season, before we crap away must win games thinking that Huntley can throw his way out of situations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News