ADVERTISEMENT

The Big One: Utah at Arizona

andrewute1

All-American Poster
Jan 6, 2011
Saratoga Springs, UT
Well lets get this out of the way first, this is the biggest regular season game in years. I cant even remember a bigger conference game featuring two Top 10 teams that Utah has played in. If Utah can pull off a win at Arizona they will instantly be looked at as a legitimate threat in the eyes of the national media to be a Final Four team. Right now I am still not sure how good this team is. Are they a Top 10 team? Yes. Are the good enough to reach the Sweet 16? Yes. But outside of that I am not sure how good they are. Tomorrow's game settles any debates in my mind. If Utah can win I believe they will win the regular season conference championship.

One thing that I am most impressed about with this team is their depth. Utah's depth just suffocates teams. Last night was full proof. When both teams second units hit the floor mid way through the first half, that was when Utah put the pedal down. Chapman and Tucker hitting three's, Bachynski keeping an established post presence down low, and suffocating defense even with the backups. If Utah is going to win the game tomorrow, the bench players need to have a good game. Depth and defense is Utah's back breaker to opposing teams and even against a team like Arizona it will be the key factor.

Buckle up Ute Fans, tomorrow will be fun!

Predition: Utah 65 - Arizona 60

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.