ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage today...

utr ute

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2015
I am not in the MUSS but my little brother is. He has his ticket plus a guest pass for his wife, I was going to get in with him using her name. The computers were not working at the gates so they were not able to scan the U cards of the students. So they just let anyone in through the gates by the ticket office. There were maybe 200 people in the stands.

If any of this is not ok to be shared on the board, hopefully a mod will let me know or remove anything that is not for public consumption.

They started off doing the Oklahoma drill, I think this was sent out on Periscope. It is always fun to see it live. They then went to special teams with the first team field goal unit kicking from 45, 50, 55, 60 and then 65 yards. Matt Gay made all of them except the 45. The one from 65 hit the cross bar and bounced in. The one from 60 would have also been good from 65. It is weird to see them line up for field goals from their own 48 yard line.

There was quite a bit of 1 v 1. Zach Moss was very impressive. He had a carry in the first or second series that may have gone for 80+ yards if they did not whistle the play dead when he hit the secondary. He had another touch later on in the red zone drills where he put his foot in the ground and changed directions and left a defender standing still and walked into the end zone. We talked in the stands today that he may not be around for next year. He was special toady, it will be fun to watch him this year.

The 1st offensive line was Barton, Ford, Falemaka, Agasiva and Paulo they looked really good in the run game. They opened up good lanes for Moss, Shyne and even Brumfield. When it was a passing down, they did not give as much time to throw. Anae was almost unstoppable on the edge. Repp got the start in 1 v 1 on the opposite side of Anae. Tupai and Tafua took a lot of snaps as well, they looked good as a group. The D tackles look almost interchangeable with exception of Fotu, he looks bigger and more physical than the others. Cravens also got in with on a few series with the 2s and looked good.

The starting linebackers were Barton and Hansen. Thompson was the first to sub in with Lloyd getting in shortly after. Pirtle and Bernard look the part but clearly need time to get up to speed. Justin Ena and Scalley would yell at Bernard almost every rep he took as he was out of position a lot.

The secondary is fantastic! Blackmon was everywhere and picked off Tuttle on a poor throw. He was all over the field, he had a couple of PBU's when he was matched up with Mariner. Ballard picked off a Huntley pass into coverage. Johnson got a nice diving pick as well, I don't remember who threw it but the coverage was great and he made a beautiful diving cut on the receiver. They are going to be tough to pass on this year. The second team looked good as well, the depth is very obvious in the secondary. There were two assumed starting receivers in the pit. I am not sure if I should name them. Covey did not get any targets in the passing game. He did field punts with Blackmon and another that I can't remember.

The play of the game was a beautiful 40 yard throw from Shelly to Enis for a TD. The young receivers, specifically Enis and Perriman look smooth and I think they may push for time as the season goes on. Enis is good but he looks like he needs 10-15 lbs to fill out his frame.

They ran gassers at the end and it was fun to watch how they lined up and how they finished. Kudos to the big Oline that ran as hard as they could. Numbers 62 and 74 ran as fast as they could but they are both very large men.

It was great to get out there and see them. This could be a really good year. It will be hard to wait until next Thursday now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News