ADVERTISEMENT

Recent Interview Nuggets, The 'November Issue' and stuff

Hockeybeard

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2011
So a couple of thoughts now that fall camp has officially started and interviews have sunk in:

1) Some of the interesting tidbits I picked up on from player interviews yesterday were regarding the offense last year; namely how some of the players 'quit on the offense' later on in the season. I think we've all seen it, lazy routes that are run away from the play, perhaps dropped balls on passes when the receiver is a bit 'surprised' it got thrown to them, etc. I think this may contribute to the failings we've all pointed out in November. Counterpoint: Coach Whit is known as a hard-ass, blue-collar, no-nonsense, traditional football coach who demands a TON from his players. There have been accusations by well known previous coaches that claim he overworks the team, and that has led to some of the failings in November. I can see that as well. Rebuttal: Last year Coach gave an unprecedented amount of days off during the bye week and leading up to the final leg of the season - if he is overworking them, I think he tried to address it.

2) I really liked seeing the one-v-one battles for the DBs and the TEs/WRs. We have an abundance of athleticism that I really hope materializes during games. I know that with only helmets, it benefits the offense a bit, since they are able to maneuver better, but I also really think the guys have been in their books and studying their technique during the summer so that they could hit the ground running this fall. Add in a couple of the extra WR pieces from this last week and the next few, and I really like where our Offense is headed.

3) Not-so-Hot-Take: Troy Williams will start and it won't even be a hard decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News