ADVERTISEMENT

Receivers (Bryan Thompson)

spudlig3

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
I am very excited about the addition of Carrington, he will really help out the receivering unit and bring a different dimension to the ute offense that we have not had in a while. He will truly open up the passing game for us. I love all the options that we now have and beside the top 4 receivers. I really like what McCormick, Fulks and/or Vickers brings to the table. If one of these 3 can step up and be a real option on the short routes I.E. Screens, quick outs etc then that will open up the inside and deep routes for the other 4 receivers.

I know there is some hype around Nurse and what he can bring to the table and lets be honest if he can come in and be a serious contributor then dang this receiving unit "could" potential be the best in the pac 12.

However 4 months ago we could not stop talking about Bryan Thompson and what he brings to the table. It also seems like we were saying he could have potential to be a real contributor and maybe even start. He has all the tools to be great and be great now. I'm hoping that he comes in and is as good as advertised because if he is then we will really have a special unit. If Covey and Simpkins can come in and start (or serious contributors) as True Freshman then I can't see why Thompson can't. He was better in HS then both of them and was recruited more heavily.

So I wanted everyone's thought on the receiving core as a whole and your thoughts on Thompson.

P.S. I love what Hampton brings as well but he may be a year or two away. Although he showed well in the spring and if called upon I feel comfortable that he can come in and be a contributor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News