ADVERTISEMENT

Question from a Pitt fan

Slag Dump

All-American Poster
Jul 24, 2007
Hi Ute fans. My wife and I are headed to the game in a couple weeks. We are quite excited, since Utah will be a new place for us.

We are planning on driving from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas Friday. Mapquest says it's about 6.5 hours. Does anyone know what traffic is generally like driving into Vegas that route on a Friday?

If you leave around 9 or 10 a.m. you should miss a lot of the commute traffic.

I live in Lehi which is about 30 minutes from downtown SLC and I can usually make it in a little over 5 but that's with no really stopping. There is also some construction going on right now between Lehi and Spanish Fork on I-15 so I don't know how much that will affect you.

Driving from Vegas is smooth sailing until you get to the Payson/Spanish Fork area (about 60 miles south of Salt Lake). I-15 is undergoing some serious construction - the most extensive construction in state history. You can run into problems here and there, especially during "peak" times (which in Utah County right now is about 7:30 - 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 - 7:00 p.m.). Just be aware of the potential problems and plan accordingly. I would recommend leaving no later than 9 a.m. Pacific Time from Vegas, which should put you in the construction zones between 2 and 3 p.m. Mountain time, and in Salt Lake before 5 p.m.

Day of the week doesn't really matter, though I-15 southbound out of Salt Lake on Friday's can be brutal right now. I hope you meant you will be in town Wednesday or Thursday as the game is Thursday, September 2nd.
smilie2.gif

Here's a link to UDOT's traffic page. You can find whatever information you might need on CORE construction and other planning tools there.

Utah Department of Transportation

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT