ADVERTISEMENT

PROSPECT UPDATE: MJ TAFISI, LB

Andrew Fronce

All-American Poster
Jan 6, 2016
I just got off the phone with Alta High School linebacker MJ Tafisi and he had some things to say that Utah fans will like to hear. I talked with MJ a little bit about the All-Poly Camp. He said he had a lot of fun there and was impressed with how much competition there was there. He also said he received a lot of positive feedback from the coaches there on his skills when he was participating in the drills. He also participated in Utah's camp last week.

MJ told me that he has narrowed his list of offers down to three finalists that he will be choosing from later this year. Those schools are Cal, Oregon, and Utah. He said that Morgan Scalley has been his main recruiter and it sounds like he's got a very good relationship with Coach Scalley, as is the norm when it comes to Morgan and recruits.

MJ will be looking for a good environment and a team that treats each other as family. He is also impressed with Utah's ability to consistently send guys to the NFL and said that a team's ability to prepare players for the NFL will play a factor in his decision. Tafisi isn't in a rush to commit and plans to focus on school and football this fall before committing sometime after the season is over.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News