ADVERTISEMENT

PROSPECT UPDATE: Brandon Kaho, LB

Andrew Fronce

All-American Poster
Jan 6, 2016
Hey guys, I spoke a little bit with Reno LB Brandon Kaho tonight about his recruitment. Kaho is a four star player who is currently committed to BYU, however, his recruitment is still very much open, and he released a top 8 of BYU, Utah, Cal, Notre Dame, UW, Stanford, UCLA, and Oregon about 2 months ago. Brandon plans to take his official visits and will make a final decision after the season is over.

Brandon attended the Opening last weekend and had a great experience. He said the part that was most valuable for him was being able to receive instruction on how to improve his coverage, as he has mostly been used as a pass-rushing LB up to this point.

Brandon said that there were several factors that went in to choosing hIs top 8, including proximity to home, coaching staff, recent success, and how he feels he will fit in a program. Although he doesn't currently hold an offer from them, he will be taking an unofficial visit to Alabama soon and told me that if they offer him, Alabama will jump into his top schools as well.

Justin Ena has been Brandon's primary recruiter from Utah and Kaho seems to think highly of him. Kaho said that Coach Ena is always checking up on him just to see how he's doing and that he appreciates that. He also said he really likes the state of Utah because he has a lot of family here, particularly in Salt Lake City. With regards to the University of Utah, in his own words, Brandon said "I could see myself playing there."

I'll have an article with quotes coming in the future, but even though Kaho is currently committed to BYU, his recruitment is far from over. More to come soon...

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/brandon-kaho-83879

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News