ADVERTISEMENT

POSTGAME THOUGHTS: Hmmmmm.... Well....... We're 1-0!

Anthony White

Gold Member
Apr 29, 2017
1. OK OK OK I cant hear it now.... "Lack of Discipline" "The Refs Suck" on and on and on.... But the truth is we lost a lot of experience from last year on the OL, LB and at DB. Guess where those penalties came from? We do need to tighten it up though, but isn't that why we opened with an FCS team to begin with? - Because we all know who gets all the calls this week coming up! That Team Down South!

2. How'd you guys feel in the beginning of the game? This is how I felt...

https://media.giphy.com/media/xDoNbo6EFD3JS/giphy.gif

3. Relax... Relax... Penalties gave them their first 3 scores which totaled 9 points - The roughing the kicker and the late hits, trust me I was screaming too. BUT... When those young guys first get on the field at home on a Thursday night with being one of the only games in the nation - Players want to get involved. I myself remember as a freshmen getting called for a late hit against Air Force out of bounds- (I thought Whit was going to kill me) but it wasn't that I was playing dirty, I was young, I wanted to get involved and I never did it again. Lets hope the same can happen for these guys.

4. We have an Offense guys! All we need is 30... 30 is the magic number when it come to offense - heck even 28... with a Utah defense.... We score 28 and we can talk about that South Championship game! Look it up...

5. "HOLDING Back the Yards....." "I Keep HOLDING ON, I Keep HOLDING ON" "Holding, Holding Hoooollllllddddddd." We really need to cut down on the penalties as mentioned before - Couldn't have thought of a better song with a better artist name that sang a song for us today!

6. Huntley!!!! I know you now! Looking good - young fella. You showed poise, speed, toughness, accuracy, and looks like you did have some slack on the leash when things were getting nervous... Looking forward to watching you grow!

7. It's something that makes you smile when you know you have a 'Go To' guy at WR. I also liked 6 WRs with 2 or more catches. We can spread the ball around. Like I used to tell my WRs and RBs, "You better be on point because - If we can get the ball to everybody - They can't key on anybody!"

8. NOW ON TO 7-0! BEAT THE TEAM DOWN SOUTH!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News