ADVERTISEMENT

Not only frustrated about QB play this year...

U knight

All-American Poster
Aug 4, 2005
now even more frustrated by the QB decision last year. I was among those that were wishy washy about the decision to go with Tyler last year. The near-term sacrifice was supposed to be the upside he would have this year. The problem is... he's just ok. Great kid, like his style and confidence. However...

Passing game? He often lacks "feel" for the game. This ebbs and flows with all QBs - but I just don't see it from Tyler. Some of these 3-5 yard throws are 100 mph fast ball. People keep harping on the WRs, and certainly they haven't helped much, but if a QB can't throw you a catchable ball in rhythm it's difficult to make plays.

Dual threat? Tyler is fast...but I think we've all realized that he isnt very quick. This became blatantly obvious when Shelley played in the Weber came. Jason's burst was dramatic and he immediately made plays with his feet. Run game seems forced and awkward with Huntley. Decision-making on the RPO has just been average.

I realize that the staff sees these guys many more times than we do. But maybe what they see in non-live practice isnt translating to the field. Looking back I really wish they would have stuck with Troy Williams who was a big game player. And now I think they really need to make a change - if nothing else than to light a fire under everyone: QB play has to be better or we'll give someone else a shot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News