ADVERTISEMENT

Not a complete game, but a good one

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
Nice win by the Utes! There were plenty of things to like last night, but with Pac-12 play now here, the Utes can't afford anymore slow starts. The good news with that, I get the sense they're turning the corner.

-I really like the running back by committee approach with Moss, Shyne, and McCormick. No offense to Joe WIlliams, but new life has been breathed into that position, now. This is a running back group that you can heavily rely on and win with and I didn't feel that way, before last night.

-The return of CBB, really opens up the passing game. I'm really starting to like this receiving corps. At the current rate, Patrick is going to top 1,000 yards, easy. If he doesn't because teams start doubling him, another guy is going to blow up yardage wise.

-Troy Williams is really looking comfortable out there, but he needs to work on not forcing the ball to receivers when he's inside the 10-yard line. Take the easier play or sacrifice and go for three. Other than that, solid play.

-The defense was what Utah defense is, stout and stingy. Despite all of those sacks--really impressive, by the way--I still want to see some DE's step forward. It's going to be trial-by-fire, now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News