ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Illinois

A Lawrence

Junior Poster
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2016
Saratoga Springs, UT
I have been browsing this morning on a Northern Illinois message board to get a feel for their program and team. After reading several posts, it sounds like the fans really do not like their head coach and offensive staff in particular. Sounds like they have had bad play calling for a few years now, and Saturday against Iowa was no different. According to the board, their QB is not even an "FCS level" QB. Not a good runner, and very slow release on passes. They do not attempt a lot of downfield passes, mostly run the ball and short passes on the edge. Nothing over the middle. Their receivers really struggle creating separation on the DB's. Kicking game is not good. Defense is the strength of the team, but nothing special. Most are predicting a Utah blowout win. You don't see that on many boards like that, usually a lot of blind optimism.

Anyways, from what I have read, and saw when I watched part of the game, Utah should roll in this one. Only issue I see is the weather. Looks like it will be moderate to heavy rainstorms in Dekalb on Saturday. Utah rolls regardless 40-10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News