New offer for Louisiana player DB

Discussion in 'Ute Fans General Discussion Forum' started by kawk, Dec 6, 2011.

1. kawk

kawk Senior Poster
    Expand Collapse

My cousin, Johnell Celistan, got a surprise visit at school and received an offer to play for the Ute. He is a BIG corner that can flat out cover with spped to burn. Currently he's committed to Tulsa because they were the first school to offer and they've been on him since the offer. He only started 1 year of football which was his senior year, but he is very under-rated. He is a solid 4 star player and is better then his teammate who is an LSU commit and rated as a 4 star. My cousin is currently rated as 3 star.

Just thought I'd share the info.

Check out the result of a preseason camp he attended. He won defensive MVP and there's a picture of him as well.

Enjoy!
    This post was edited on 12/6 10:37 PM by kawk

Big Show Combine-New Orleans

2. MussMan

MussMan All-American Poster
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info. Any word on what he thinks of Utah? Is he thinking about switching his commitment?

He looks like the kind of CB that would thrive in our defensive system. Best of luck wherever he goes.

3. NephiUte

NephiUte All-American Poster
    Expand Collapse

Has Sean Smith like size. Remember what our coaching staff did with him? Not to mention all the other DB's that are in the NFL over the last 4-5 years. Would love to see a kid like this switch commitments.

4. kawk

kawk Senior Poster
    Expand Collapse

I just spoke with him. He's a pretty humble kid and he's really even keel so it's really hard to say how he truly feels about Utah. I know when he received the offer he was pretty excited and he called my brother and told him about it. I think in due time, he will heat up to some of the other schools once he gets to know the coaches like he does with the Tulsa staff. I can tell you that will be the key with him where ever he goes. He has to like the coaches. And I can also tell you that he will make his decision on his own. His parents are putting the control in his hands for the most part. I would love to see him play "big time" ball bc I think he can really play but we'll see what he does... Just wanted to share the info with you guys.