ADVERTISEMENT

My two sense....

cahtah

Sophomore Poster
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2007
I was watching the game from my wife’s parents apartment in Manhattan, I stayed up late watching every dirty minute and for what it’s worth this is my take...

Defense played well. I’m so impressed by Cody Barton’s improvement this year. Chase and Cody in my mind both look like legit NFL prospects.

Our D-line is still one of our strengths. I’m fine giving Fotu a personal foul call on the interception for a late hit on the QB but not a targeting foul. Jake Holker acted like an idiot after being bailed out by the refs and throughout the entire game and has now landed on my list of people I dislike.

I hate how we can’t cover those comeback routes. I feel like our defensive backs covered the field very well but aren’t capable of covering the come back routes when the quarterback is rolling.

With two starters ejected I felt the defense dug in and held their ground. Almost turning the game with a pick six but alas the Gods of Football were against us and tragedy struck! I for one find out defense fun to watch this year. Not sure how others feel?

Pita Tonga.... you had heaven in front of you! A linemen’s dream!! Pay Dirt!!! Myself being an ex lineman can say that the opportunity missed will be heavy on you mind and no need to call you out. I’m sorry young man!! Let’s get it back for the next game!

Offensively I’m very disappointed with our play calling. We passed when we should of ran and ran when we should of passed. I personally believe the game plan was not dynamic at all. I’m disappointed thus far with our quarterback play because I expected big things from the kid but I still believe Huntley is not getting the support from his recievers and the coaching staff he needs and therefore can’t be held 100% accountable.

I believe Washington is a good team and Utah if they can get some offensive production can have a very successful year. I have confidence that the Coaching staff will have our guys ready to play in a couple of weeks. I’m excited to watch the next game!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News