ADVERTISEMENT

Let me be the first to Welcome back football officially

Sep 28, 2015
I might be early but with a new commit for this year, possible transfer at a needed position and Ole Miss getting busted for hookers it doesn't look like there are any more boring days to pass time. Next week is media day and fall camp starts. The long dreaded off season nightmare is over.

I work in an office with one other person and he was out of town so I threw last years games on the tv to break up the silence so here are a couple of quick thoughts on the team.

• Our O-line was crazy talented and proved by having 4 draft picks but we had so many times where we had first and goal and hold or off sides. In general lots of penalties. We gave up sacks and had miscommunications. No knock on Harding or the line just saying with all the losses on the line we could still be an effective group.
  • Joe Williams was really good. My short sighted memory is that he just had huge holes and no one could touch him. He was more than that. Will be tough to replace but I don't think I can remember a better running back coming to Utah out of high school than ZM. Usually we are better with JC (love Shyne too). I am excited to see what these guys do.
  • I think most people agree that in the Whitt era Norris and Paul have been the best LB duo. I think barring injury KL and ST could at least give us some debate on the matter. I also really like Cody Barton. Would love if he could redshirt and have two more years but I don't think it happens. Pains of not enough depth for PAC 12 play and not getting better soon enough coupled with injuries.
  • My show me somethings this year are the coordinators. TT has people feeling really good. I am optimistic and excited to see what happens. I have known Scalley for 20+years and he is one of the best dudes ever but I thought our D under performed a bit. I give passes for first full year of control and some injuries but I want all the success in the world for him and think we can do better.
  • I hope we as fans pump the breaks a little bit about our dominance of other teams. CFB even with huge differences in recruiting rankings is still a game of inches. We are good for one blow out a year and the rest are close. Whitt is great at winning those but I feel like losing 16 players to the NFL plus playmakers like CBB means guys have to step up. I am an optimistic person by choice but I do have worries that guys aren't going to be ready to step in at specific times and we could lose to teams even though on paper it shouldn't be that way.
Now enjoy your long weekend and be ready for preseason projections, all conference teams, camp reports and much more info. Love this time of year. Go Utes!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News