ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Whittingham Nuggets: 7/31

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
For now, we're just giving you guys a breakdown of his interviews for discussion purposes because i know a lot of you guys don't like watching videos. It could change again, but for now, here we go:

-Whitt is optimistic that Hansen will be back by the start of the season. HOWEVER, if you listen to his reasoning, a lot of that has to do with Chase's dedication and toughness. Therefore, while the start of the season is possible, it's sounding like it's the best case scenario.

-In Chase's absence, Philip Afia moves into the starting spot at FS while an master the offense.Ballard slides over to SS. In my opinion, this is a positive move, knowing that Afia has had a strong offseason and it gets him quality reps. However, I would be surprised--if Chase isn't ready by game one--if Ballard doesn't slide back to FS in order for Blair to start at SS. We'll see how this one plays out.

-Whitt is very happy with the depth in the secondary, at receiver, linebacker, and running back. In the interview he talked about his different ways of evaluating the guys based off experience. Therefore, he's thrilled and excited with how they've been able to restock those position.

-Two younger guys he mentioned as standouts today: Leki Fotu and Samson Nacua. Fotu is just going to be a beast. As for Nacua, I was happy when I found out last year that they were putting him at receiver. His ball skills are just filthy, so he has a prime opportunity if he can show that he's mastered the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News