ADVERTISEMENT

Just noticed you guys play Pitt this week

PSUAschman

All-American Poster
Feb 4, 2007
Please beat them.

I'm not going to say that Pitt sucks or anything like that, because they don't. Sadly they have a decent team. What's scary is that they have a cupcake schedule. So please Utah...PLEASE...shut them up now?

Thanks

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Does not realize that this comment is not complimentary to Utah fans.

Good luck shoud be a good game!

Lol

We realize Pitt is a good team and should be a good measuring stick to see how good Utah will be this year. Pitt's D should be a good test for the offense this year which is supposed to be improved over last years. Guess we'll find out on Thursday.. looking forward to the game.

Typical Nithead --- Utah Nation, be glad your far west of these toolboxes --- I bet he's an "Aschman" --- cover your cornholes! Looking forward to the game Thursday night, should be a dandy! I'm interested in the Romeus-Cullen matchup -- good luck and may the best team win --- which I predict is Pitt (in a close one). ;^)

Pitt's starting RB has a bad knee. If you take him out with a helmet to the knee, Pitt is done because the QB stinks and the backup RB is horrible.

All class as usual eer fan. Lewis does not have a bad knee, and how unclass to politic for an injury. And, BTW, the QB is not horrible, only inexperienced, and the backup RB would probably start for 90% of the teams in the nation. So, go ahead, fabricate to the opponent who may not really know and believe you. See you at Heinz in November.

Cupcake schedule. LOL. Utah, Miami and ND for OOC, all great teams. And, who does PSU play?

One of them plays Coastal Carolina. Does anyone from WVU play in the NFL? Does anyone from Penn State star in the NFL? I think we have the best WR and I know for a fact the best CB/Defensive Player in the game. Has Pat White awaken from that Ike Taylor hit yet? Is Major Harris back in the Hill District?

Lets see PSU's OOC schedule, Youngstown St.,Alabama,Kent St., and Temple.

Don't forget PSU fans to watch us this Thursday.

Utes Fans, on game week, you should come out of the Inside UTE Nation to interact more with visiting fans of the school you will be playing.

From visiting most other boards, I have noticed they will have just as many fans on the free football board as on the premium football board.

You guys just remain in the Ute Nation.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I think Steve Smith (Utah) of the CAROLINA Panthers might want to debate the comment about best WR in the NFL.
smilie2.gif

I thought that we were irrelavantto UPS, yet here they are trolling on our opponent's board! As far as ERR, you need to go under the stump along the crick in the holla' where you were born!

Comparing a receiver against a CB is like comparing an apple to an orange. Just like comparing all receivers on how well they did against one player as a common denominator.

So much more goes into it. How was the running game that day? How did the QB do? Did the offensive line play well? In all reality you can only go by what they achieved over the course of a season.

Here is a comment from Merrill Hoge for you:

Merril Hoge: Smith
This is a tough question because so much goes into making a great receiver. He has to have great hands, the ability to make the big play downfield and the toughness to go over the middle, and he must be a game changer. To me, those attributes scream Steve Smith. When Smith is on the field, every defensive player in the secondary is thinking about the potential route he's going to run because he has the ability to go score on any kind of route.

His intensity is what really stands out, though, in terms of his being the best receiver in the game. You know every time he steps on the field that he's going for the jugular and the win. If that means taking a big hit to make a catch in traffic or blowing someone up downfield with a big block, that is what he'll do.

Yet even with all that, Andre Johnson might be the best receiver in football.

They could...

actually try to schedule us for a home and home and try to beat us on the field themselves....but ALAS since that appears to challenging....they'll have to hope that our other opponents can do the job that they refuse to tackle.

Steve Smith is definitely one of the top receivers in the game, but I think he's a step down from Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, and Larry Fitzgerald (and that's no slight to Smith). I think those 3 are the game's top tier, elite receivers. Then Smith is on the next level, IMO, with guys like Roddy White, Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, etc.

Having a really decent QB helps too. Smith has been saddled with Delhomme in Carolina an put up good numbers. I would be nice to see what he could do with a star QB on his team.

Originally posted by heartlessute:
Having a really decent QB helps too. Smith has been saddled with Delhomme in Carolina an put up good numbers. I would be nice to see what he could do with a star QB on his team.
Very true. We'll be able to see how Fitz does this year with the current train wreck that is the QB situation in Arizona.

I'd like for him to do well, but this could be an ugly year for him due to the "train wreck". I don't think any other team in the NFL has a more unsettled QB situation.

Pitt plays a cupcake schedule? We play Utah, Miami and Notre Dame out of conference. That sounds pretty strong to me!
This post was edited on 9/1 7:09 PM by Pitt is #1

Re: Larry Fitzgerald-enough said!*

We will see. Without a QB, he won't be all world this year. If he can put up big numbers with the mess he has in Phoenix this season, then he deserves to be called the best.

Right now, I still think Andre Johnson is the guy.

Also, Carolina gets to find out if the actually have a QB. Moore was decent when he started last year, but now he needs to step up his game.

LOl...I guess that playing Youngstown St, Temple and Kent St all at home is a tough schedule huh Penn State???...Anyway....Good Luck Utes. It should be a great game and a tough one for both sides..

LOL!

You just made me laugh out loud. Thanks man! I saw you posted the same thing like 3 weeks ago and it just struck me funny seeing it again. How do the Eer's look this year? I hear they return like 20 starters! November 26th should be a good one.

I cant believe anyone would compare steve smith to larry fitz.
Now if you want to compare fitz and andre johnson thats okay. I could see both sides to that argument.

Nice of you to show your obvious bias, and your opinion that Merrill Hoge (who played for your hometown Steelers) doesn't know much about football.

They are different types of receivers and yet Steve Smith has managed to make the Pro Bowl with a very marginal QB.

I would suggest you go look at what Steve Smith has accomplished so far in his career. You might be a bit surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT