ADVERTISEMENT

Ideas for more civil discussion on this board and getting through the 2 weeks until the next game

mmoffitt321801

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2009
Maybe in the spirit of the Alex's "positive thoughts" thread, let's come up with some better ideas for better conversation on this board:

1. I wish we wouldn't tell people to "step back from the ledge, take a breath etc." It's condescending and sort of a passive-aggressive put down of someone's opinion or ideas and maybe even their mental state. It's my least favorite phrase I hear on this board. We're going to always disagree on a number of things but let's not make it personal.

2. Ditto for correcting people's grammar or spelling. If you can understand what someone is trying to communicate, give them a pass on grammar and spelling. Correcting people's spelling or grammar essentially says, "I'm better educated/smarter than you are."

3. Any response that takes personal shots at another poster. We all have opinions, some are more informed or have better logic than others but nothing is less interesting that 2 guys going at each other on this site.

I've been guilty of some of these same mistakes myself. It's going to be a long two weeks before we get a chance to feel better about our team. Let's be decent with each other. For the most part, most of us do fairly well in this area but a frustrating loss tends to bring out the worst in us.

Are there other common sayings you'd like to see disappear from our posts?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News