ADVERTISEMENT

I watched a lot of CFB yesterday and my thoughts on Whit, Lud and Utah’s offense

utefan2

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2002
I had a free Saturday so I decided to watch CFB from sun up to sun down yesterday.

Probably watched 500 offensive plays yesterday and I saw pre snap formations and motions with concepts and play designs and execution of said plays that would make Whittingham’s head explode if Ludwig tried any of that with his offense.

We hear over and over how complex Lud’s O is and how it takes most QBs 2 to 3 years to master it which Rose and Haurd haven’t but some how an 18 year old true freshman who’s only been here 6 months has….head scratcher.

Back to my original point. Lud’s O is NFL level stuff allegedly but we see the same 12 and 13 personnel on almost every play with the same formations and pre snap motions. There is next to nothing to confuse the D or create mismatches or misdirections.

Whit will never change. He believes proper execution of a play can over come the D knowing the play. Here’s what we are going to do try and stop us Jerry Sloan old school Stockton to Malone pick and roll mentality.

The only change will come when Whit retires and takes Lud with him. Until then we just have to sit and watch.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.