ADVERTISEMENT

I haven't heard this take from Nick Saban before

FlaUte

All-American Poster
Nov 4, 2015
Listening to XM ESPN U radio today and an interview with Nick Saban was playing, either from Media days or from the SEC preview I wasn't sure which, but anyway the interviewer was commenting on how the recruiting for Alabama has changed from 2006 and after 2010. stating that now we has noticed more athletic linemen, or quicker LB's vs what was being recruiting in the early 2000's as he asked Saban what was the driving factor around that. Nick mentioned he needed to change because game has changed, when he came into the league (SEC) most everyone was power I. but what he mentioned specifically is the game changed for Alabama when they played Utah in the Sugar Bowl (he said 2010) but whatever.. He said half his defense couldn't play. With Utah running empty sets the whole game they (Dline) couldn't rush, couldn't pressure the QB, really couldn't even play. At that time he new he needed to make some changes as the game was changing.

Interesting comments about the ineffectiveness of his team in that game and how things need to continue to progress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News