ADVERTISEMENT

Hot pile of steaming/stinky garbage!!

JWunderli1

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2006
Cottonwood Heights, UT
We are nowhere near the team they were selling in spring, summer and fall camp. They talked about a dynamic offense and someone (probably several someones) said or mused that we might actually pass more than we run.

BYE WEEK: According to Whitt, they were going to work on our red zone offense and get (more) creative so that we can get touchdowns. What did they actually do during the bye week? We got 4 field goals and a touchdown and we looked pathetic. AZ comes off a bye week and beats us, we come off a bye week and lay an egg!!

RISING: I was super excited to see him in but when he hurt his ankle it was obvious he couldn't get any velocity on the ball because his plant foot was hurt. He also had to start wearing the glove during the game which make me wonder if something happened to his hand. As much as I love Cam, for his own safety, I think they should have put Wilson in because he could run and he could have made a number of those throws because he's healthy.

FIRE LUDWIG: He completely lacks creativity. How many times did we have 2nd and long and we ran the ball? Our trick play was Kuithe running it up the middle on a direct snap??? What? We can't be more creative than that? D-coordinators can read ludwig like a book. I'd love to be as bad as him at my job and make $1.8mil!!

How are we this far away from what was projected? We were picked to win the conference and we beat SUU 49-0. We should have put 70 on them. We beat Baylor 23-12 and one of our touchdowns was a special teams touchdown. Utah State, who has looked very bad against BSU and UNLV, were up on us for a while and hung with us until the 2nd half when we finally broke the game open. OK State has looked horrible since their loss to us and while we dominated for most of the game, we almost gave it away in the last five+ minutes. Our red zone production was bad in the Baylor game and again in the OK State game and was average vs. USU. We have now lost two in a row, with this game coming off our bye week where they showed ZERO improvement.

WHAT IS LEFT TO ROOT FOR? Ludwig needs to go. We need an OC who can have full control of the offense AND actually have some creativity so that the opposing team doesn't know what we are doing all the time (BSU's coordinator seems like a good choice - at this point, ASU's looks much better than Ludwig). While we want Cam to play, he needs to be healthy. Unfortunately, it looks like he got an ankle injury early in the game that kept him from throwing the ball the way he is capable. At that point, put Wilson in. He can run and he has the arm and healthy body to be able to get the velocity on the ball whereas Cam was underthrowing his guys a lot. So frustrating. Technically we still have some sort of chance at the Big XII championship but the odds are so low that there really isn't much to root for. Sorry for being a downer but my team has let me down with horrible performances the last two games and sub-par performances the games before that that we happened to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.