ADVERTISEMENT

Here is my guess....

95 Ute

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2007
This had to do with entitlement as viewed by a parent based on what I have read but, more importantly, I think this has just as much to do with Utah's pursuit of Daniels. No breaking news there but it completely stands to reason.

Guy #1 is promised (real or imagined) the keys to the QB kingdom. Within 180 days of signing said program is hot, hot, hot on Guy #2 leaving guy #1 to think WTF?

Utah is doing the absolute right thing pursuing as many top gunslingers as possible. That is going to mean some casualties. The greater the recruits the more likely there will be transfers thus the need to recruit more kids.

I had the Tuttle bug as much as anyone but if a kid is not going to compete then the program is better off. Somewhere along the way the writing (real or perceived) was on the wall and the Tuttles felt their best option was somewhere else. Oh well, too bad.

BUT... Utah is finding their stride with a junior quarterback. They have time to solve this problem.

If you could read the list of highly touted recruits that don't pan out you would to write a book: Tuttle, Heaps, Mangum, Ben Olsen, Williams (from Oklahoma to Utah) and these are just a few immediate instate examples. Is what it is... Best of luck to the kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News