ADVERTISEMENT

Gionni, Tevin, Austin and CBB

JWunderli1

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2006
Cottonwood Heights, UT
I was at my workout at John Madsen's this morning and right after my work, my son had his workout. Gionni Paul, Tevin Carter and Austin Lee were all working out there - Lee is attending SLCC right now and will likely enroll at the Y when he graduates. He looks really big and has quick feet (they do footwork drills in warm-ups). He' bigger than any safety I've seen - except Carter who looks more like a linebacker than a safety.

I was talking to another guy who has a few kids working out at Madsen as well and he coached the current Utah scout team quarterback in high school baseball. He said that there's a possibility that CBB will be reinstated before the BYU game AND that the talk is that he'll be back on the defensive side of the ball. He also said that Domo hopes to be back for the BYU game but if he's not, he'll rest until the USC game - he won't play in the San Jose State game. He said that they practiced on Friday and Saturday (or at least one of those days, but It think both) and worked on the stuff that needed fixing - like the offensive line and Joe Williams running. The game plan for the BYU game is getting installed today. The game against SUU was EXTREMELY vanilla. They think our CBs can play press coverage against their receivers and keep them relatively quiet. They also think that our 4-5 man defensive front can keep Hill contained and Hansen will be a spy, while they are hoping that the LBs can get the correct gaps for containing Jamal Williams. They are confident in our passing game and think we'll have a couple more explosive plays along with some 15-20+ yarders, and hope that if the o-line can play the way we are capable of and if Joe Williams can run physical, we'll have a very balanced attack and can win comfortably.

I noted that we are used to Booker who would shed 2+ tacklers before being brought down and Williams was going down on Thursday with the first contact and he said that the coaches were working on that. Can't wait for Saturday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News