ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Nation is definitely behind you all! Congratulations!

Jun 17, 2010
I think since Meyer came to Florida, there has been a sort of kinship between Utah and Florida fans. I know we definitely root for you all to do very well. So this news has been very popular amongst Gator fans. Hopefully this opens the door for Florida and Utah to play for the BCS title somewhere down the road. I think Utah is about to go on a big run of success at the Pac 12 level the way it was doing in the MWC. Good luck and congratulations from Gator Nation!

Originally posted by GatorInOrlando18:
I think since Meyer came to Florida, there has been a sort of kinship between Utah and Florida fans. I know we definitely root for you all to do very well. So this news has been very popular amongst Gator fans. Hopefully this opens the door for Florida and Utah to play for the BCS title somewhere down the road. I think Utah is about to go on a big run of success at the Pac 12 level the way it was doing in the MWC. Good luck and congratulations from Gator Nation!

Thanks for the well wishes GatorInOrlando...obviously Urban still has the Ute Nation behind him; he and Coach Whit are still close.

I agree; looking forward to that BCS title game between the U and Florida!

smokin.gif

This post was edited on 6/18 9:24 AM by plateauhiker

Be honest Gator...I know that the Bernie/Urban connection is significant, but isn't the "kinship", as you say, more to do with a thrashing of Alabama? Admit it, you were in our corner in that Sugar Bowl, right?

Just joshin' ya lizard. Thank you for the kind words. We are all very excited to see what this means for our school and team once the rubber hits the road.

Don't be a stranger!

LOL I'll tell you though, seeing the Utah fans at the Sugar Bowl doing the Chomp pretty much won over the rest of the Gator fans who were not quite sure about the Florida-Utah union. There is a lot of excitement for Utah with Gator fans. This is a well deserved invitation. Your program is one of the top 10 this past decade, that says a lot.

Originally posted by TrumanG8R:
As a Gator whose parents attended the U, I wish to extend my congratulations, it is about time.

I'm a Ute whose father attended Florida. I'm a huge fan and watch every single gator game. John Brantley is going to light the SEC up this season!

The Gators are my second favorite team

Funny how that connection happened. We both run very similar styles of play thanks to Urban Meyer. Now, just don't take Kyle Whittingham from us and we'll be ok!
smilie2.gif

How about a home-home matchup? Or neutral site if UF doesn't want to travel that far. Utah and UF need to do something with their connection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT