ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations for First Season in Pac-12

Also curious what you Utes fans think is going to happen this season. My opinion is that Utah is a damn good football team and will be in the running to take the PAC South (and missing Oregon and Stanford can only help). The argument that Utah has never played as tough a schedule before certainly has merit though. We'll see how it plays out.

From what I read, most Ute fans are cautiously optimistic about the season. Most are expecting anything between 7-5 and 9-3.

Utah has some question marks to take care of that's for sure. Starting QB Jordan Wynn ended the 2009 season on a very high note with a great bowl game against Cal. He showed some flashes of greatness last season also but he also had struggles due to injuries. He missed last years bowl game this past spring camp recovering from shoulder surgery. Him getting back to form and staying healthy is a must for the Utes to be successful.

Utah will also replace all 4 starters in the defensive backfield (3 due to graduation and Freshman All-American Brian Blechen outgrew his safety spot and has moved to LB). Utah has a lot of talent and speed ready to step in but not a lot of experience. They also have some help coming in the fall with JuCo Star Keith McGill coming in to man the Free Safety spot. Under Kyle Whittingham, Utah has always seemed to find right pieces to have at worst a respectable defense.

I can't wait to see how they can do.

As a CFB fan I am very interested in the transition for Utah. In fact I can not remember the last time a mid major made the jump to a BCS conference. How you guys do I think has the capability of changing the college landscape

If you do well - The question of strength of schedule is answered for once and for all. Other high performing Mid majors will then get there chance to join as conferences look to expand.

If you fall on your face - Then the argument will be made your past success was only do to strength of schedule

Utah has shown in recent years they can play with anyone but the question which will be answered this year are.

* Do you have the talent and depth to play and win, week in and week out against a BCS level opponent

make no mistake imo it will be different - better athletes, better coaching and more challenging road environments.

Not for or against you guys but it will be interesting. You have a chance to settle this mid major debate once and for all

Missing playing Stanford and Oregon (two best in Pac) will certainly help with the W/L situation. Those two would most certainly be two L 's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT