ADVERTISEMENT

Current Andre Miller musings…

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
I’m as frustrated as anybody that this hasn’t been announced yet. What I do know is that there was an agreement that I was told was agreed upon and happening. That came from a source if I told anybody, nobody would dispute. I’ve gone back-and-forth with a few media members that I’ve always bounced things off of over the years and they’ve been told after a bit that it was a done deal. Obviously the longer things go on the easier it is for things to fall apart. The amount of offensive coordinator hires that Utah has had over the years only to be stopped somewhere in the process, is a great example, when Utah could’ve had guys like Rich Rod, and Steve Sarkisian when they were in between head coaching gigs. The administration is behind Andre being on board, in fact they’re adamant about it. There are boosters that have put their foot down, wanting this as well. Andre himself for the last year and recently has said that he wants on board. If this doesn’t happen, then the train flew off the rails. I wouldn’t blame this on Craig Smith, again there’s so many variables in this. However, I’ve been told that several people close to the program and boosters have been going around behind the scenes saying this is happening.

The longer this takes to announce, they could very well be deciding that this needs to be punted down the road a year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News