ADVERTISEMENT

Burning post spring questions

socal521rivals

All-American Poster
Jan 17, 2006
Before I ask my questions, allow me to summarize my impressions of Utah Football, circa April 26, 2016, as reported by, or posted by, you good people. This summary is intended to save us all time and avoid hashing the obvious. Translation, "put on your thinking caps" and tell me (us) something we don't already know.

QB battle will continue into Fall. Yadda, yadda, yadda. When hasn't it?

Hiva Lutui is in need of some "me time," meaning there is a job opening at Center, among possibly other places on the OBlock.

Depth at corner is ...questionable.

WRs are inconsistent, but improving? Is this fair?

TEs are showing potential as receivers and should be a deep group if Siale Fakailoatonga and Evan Moeia get healthy. I assume Evan Moeia has eligibility given he's on the published roster. Can anyone be a complete player (block, run, catch and chew gum)?

LBs: Coach Scalley had nice things to say about Barton (the younger), Tauteoli and Eggiman.

Chase Hansen will make either the LB or Safety group better. Maybe both (meaning he could become a Weddle-like talent who makes an entire defense better than it is; not that he will flip-flop between positions, but who knows?)

And of course, the defensive line will be either dominant or dominate depending upon your preference for adjectives or verbs.

Now the questions:

1) which newcomer(s) will step forward and impact the season (ala Covey in 2015).
If you answer Garret Bolles I will hunt you down and slap you, Master of the Obvious, unless your response is absolutely brilliant. "Newcomer" means he was not on the squad in 2015, even as a redshirt. However, newcomer can include a returned missionary provided he did not "see the field" for the Utes before the mission.

2) which returning player is nobody talking about now but will be a name on most smart fans' and reporters' lips come this November? See what i did here with my newcomer definition? If not, don't worry. Just be happy our DLine is so freaking dominate.:p

3) which Ute will become a nationally or regionally known player (someone non-Utes will associate with Utah Football and whom everyone of us will know is being referenced when only his first name or last name is mentioned, e.g., Nate, Devontae, Travis).

Reactions: Utah53
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News