ADVERTISEMENT

ASU game predictions

MSaltas

All-American Poster
Aug 31, 2016
With 3 games left in the regular season (just 3??), the Utes find themselves in similar territory they were last season at this point in the year. Win out, they are South champions. They have the leadership and discipline to do just that, more so than Colorado in my opinion. I'm in the minority that thinks Washington gets the job done against USC, which would give the Utes a little more room to breathe.

As far as the imminent game against the Sun Devils, the Utes should be able to extend ASU's losing streak to 4 game with big games from the Williams backfield (more on them in my key matchup). ASU ranks 124th in the nation in defensive efficiency and give up 400 yards per game in the air. As long as Troy picks up blitzes, Joe blocks well enough, the Utes should be able to pick apart the ASU secondary. ASU has also given up 26 passing touchdowns for the year. I fully expect Troy Williams to exceed 300 yards for the first time this season.

Marcus Williams and Harrison Handley are expected to play on Thursday. Whittingham has also said he's hopeful for the return of CBB. The return of Harrison is just as important as that of Marcus--Handley is the best catching tight end the Utes have in their arsenal and they'll be able to burn ASU up the middle all day if he's good to go.

Joe Williams should run for 100+ in his 4th straight game, and it's been mentioned he will be used extensively in the passing attack as well.

Utah 31 - 17 Arizona State

Thoughts? Predictions or keys to the game? This game is Utah's to lose, and I fully expect them to improve to 8-2 and return for another long break for Oregon at home in which they'll be even healthier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.