ADVERTISEMENT

7/7 Runnin' Utes Notes

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
A few quick things on the basketball front:

I've heard some differing things in regards to Matt Mitchell. The majority of his family would like him at the U--majority being the key word. I do know SDSU people like their chances, but I can tell you guys, absolutely no school has gone and continues to go more out of their way to help guide him through the academic process than the Utes. My sources close with the program have had encouraging signals because of this. As of now, they're still waiting on test scores...

As for the team in general. Outside of Mitchell, like I mentioned, the team will likely sit on one scholarship. They also won't hesitate to sit on two. The reason for this is so there are no "throw away scholarships." Due to this, it's always a high likelihood that they can bring in a mid-year transfer, especially from foreign countries.

The Utes are basically adding a kid without adding a kid this year. Multiple sources close to the program continue to rave about Gabe Bealer's progress. He's up to 200 pounds and he's been dominating in the open gyms.

Collette has been working on adding range to his game and it's paying off. You guys could see him and Jayce Johnson playing together in decent spurts during the season.

In regards to a time frame on Mitchell, it's really TBD in July right now. I'll update you guys when I can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News