ADVERTISEMENT

You Ain't Seen Nothin Yet!

daveasay

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2009
Farmington, UT
Want to share what I learned today...a bit jarring but I'm afraid...right on!

Had an interesting conversation about the cost of fan participation outside the State of Utah. For me, I have 50 yards line seats row 26. Butt tested and perfect for me. I've had these seats for years and years and the most recent commitment was approximately $2500 plus $200 per seat plus the ticket costs. I asked a new Ute Booster who moved here from the Big 10 what similar seats would cost at Michigan...$65,000; Purdue...$45,000; etc. He was dumbfounded at the extremely low cost to support Utah football. When I asked about stadium expansion, he laughed out loud! " In Big 10 country you want seats you pay for seats!"

I'm afraid, my friends, we are heading right down that path, because as I've said several times on Utezone, "the PAC 12 is a big deal!" The more success we have, the greater demand for the tickets...darn law of supply and demand!

I only bring this up because of the huge potential income increase the Utes have with no more costs. Mark my words, we'll see the day when $2500 is the norm for any seat and $15 to 20K buys you the seats I have! And you don't think the Administration sees this coming!

When we win the South next year, watch your pocketbooks flame out! Just ask UCLA, USC, etc. To me, I have a ceiling, but to many, they are basking in cheap and could easily up the ante! The more influence we see from population move in, the sooner we'll have people like my friend who could drop $65k, but no one asked.

The PAC 12 is and will continue to be huge! The entire University, not just athletics is already experiencing "playing in the big-time" where ceilings are made to be broken! Hey, maybe I can sell that to the league's ad agency!

For now, I love the Utes, and the PAC 12 is a great dance floor to show all the "moves" the University of Utah has! But it comes at a price you can't begin to imagine!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News