ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Latu Update... (post in-home, quotes added)

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
I spoke with Cam about his in-home visit, last night, and there's a bit of encouraging news. First off, he still claims he's solid to bama, but he admits that his mind could change, that's why he wants to visit Utah. He said that the only other school he's even truly considering is Utah. He asked that I just do a board update, so that other schools' fans don't catch wind and give him a hard time.

His official visit to Utah will be the weekend before the February signing day. So the early signing period intrigue will now be whether the Crimson Tide lands more higher rated DE's than they already have--which is currently three in the top 10 and they're still after the no. 1 rated guy.

I'll post quotes in this thread, soon, but you can tell that the Utes have a special place in his heart and that he feels he needs to give them one more look. I'll update you guys when I can, if anything develops on this. Him deciding to sign in February makes me feel a little different than I did about him a week ago. But, he's a genuine and good-hearted kid who has that, "hometown hero" thought in the back of his mind--he mentioned "hometown" to me a lot--and who the Utes get the last crack at.

EDITED WITH HIS QUOTES:

About the in-home visit: "It went good, they gave me a quick update and just wanted to catch up on things."

"They were just saying how I'm a big priority for them and how all of my goals that I want at Utah. They wanted to know if there was still a positive chance for me to come to Utah, so we scheduled an official in January."

Down to Utah and Bama: "I talk to (Bama) everyday. (My commitment) pretty solid. I'm just looking at Utah because it's hometown. I've grown up watching them ever since I've moved here, so I want to give them a chance and see what they're about. I know what they're developing there. My commitment is pretty dang strong to Bama, but I want to give Utah a chance as well."

Relationship with Bama coaches: "They just see what's up, and how I'm doing. They know that I'm committed there, they're not really afraid of losing me. They say 'yeah, take your visits, but at the end of the day, we know that you're going to come here.' We trust each other."

Utah trip: "I think they deserve for me to go on an official and give it a chance."

Looking for on trip: "I'm just looking at how they develop and treat their players. I want to know how their coaches act--not just as coaches but as people. When me and my mom go on visits, we just have a feeling. Me and my mom have the same mind and have the same feeling or opinions about a school when we go on visits. I just take my gut for an answer."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News